(NB: To be periodically updated) … last update October 2016
Sam joined our group in September 2013 as a good class, county standard runner with a 5K personal best of 17 minutes & 30 seconds. Since then his progress has been meteoric.
Sam is the current (2016):
- English Schools’ Senior Boys 3000m Champion
- Leicestershire & Rutland 5000m Champion (Junior & Senior Men)
- Leicestershire & Rutland U20M (Junior) XC Champion, &
- Leicestershire County Schools’ 3000m Champion.
In 2016 Sam gained two Junior International vests, representing England at both the Cardiff XC Challenge (making a winning International debut – see image), & at the Rostellar (Belgium) European XC Permit meeting.
Sam’s 2016 performances see him listed amongst the UK top 5 (U20M) for:
1M (4-12.0); 3000m (8-17.16); 5000 (8-25.81); & 10K Road (30-40).
Prior achievements (in 2014 & 2015) include:
- 2015/16: Leicestershire County Schools’ XC League Champion
- 2014: England Athletics (National) AG Championships: U17M 3000m bronze
- 2014: Sainsbury’s UK School Games 3000m Bronze
- 2014: Leicestershire County (Inter Boys) 1500m Champion
- 2014: Midlands Young Athletes Road Relays (quickest lap: 11-36)
- 2014: National Young Athletes Road Relays (3rd quickest lap: 11-39)
Sam has progressed rapidly whilst a member of our group and is already making considerable impact (as an U20M) at Senior level with victories in the Leicestershire & Rutland 5000m Championship, & on the opening leg of the Midland Counties 6-stage Road Relays.
As of October 2016 Sam is now a student at the University of Nottingham..
View … Sam’s Power of 10 Profile